Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

s.Some drivers already know

• 30 posts
    August 24, 2018 5:19 AM EEST

导出博客文章PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is done talking about his future. Mark Andrews Jersey . Theres too much at stake in the present to give it any thought. The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback reiterated Wednesday hes done talking about a report last weekend that he will ask the Steelers to explore trade options for him in the off-season. Hes always been a Steeler. He wants to always be a Steeler. And part of that job is finding a way to beat the Detroit Lions (6-3) on Sunday. "I am not even addressing it because it takes away from what we are trying to do and thats win this football game," Roethlisberger said. "Thats all that matters to me. To me to it makes me so mad I dont even want to address it anymore." Roethlisberger would rather focus on his team, which finds itself at a turning point in a season that seems to be full of them. The Steelers (3-6) are two games behind AFC North leader Cincinnati (6-4) in the loss column and two games in front of conference doormat Jacksonville. A loss on Sunday, and Pittsburgh is almost certainly out of it. Roethlisberger, who allows this season "isnt typical" isnt even thinking that far ahead. "For us it is a one-game season," Roethlisberger said. "This is the most important game of the year and we just have to come out and try to get to 1-0." While acknowledging he is frustrated by Pittsburghs worst start of his 10-year career, Roethlisberger remains all in. He stressed he wasnt quitting after the Steelers were whipped by New England on Nov. 3 and then backed it up with steady, if not spectacular, play in a 23-10 win over Buffalo. Roethlisberger battled back from an early interception to throw for 209 yards and a feathery 5-yard touchdown to Jerricho Cotchery that gave Pittsburgh the lead. He did it despite absorbing another four sacks behind an offensive line that hardly looks like the one the Steelers threw out in the season opener. The reshuffled line could have its fifth different combination on Sunday if guard Ramon Foster sits out. Foster missed practice on Wednesday with a sprained ankle. Veteran Guy Whimper would fill in if Foster cant go. All the changes in front of him, however, havent exactly changed the way Roethlisberger goes about his business. Hes absorbed 35 sacks this season, the second-highest total in the league. Some of it is due to protection breakdowns. Some of it has just been great effort by the defence. And some of it is Roethlisbergers own stubbornness. He has guided the Steelers to a pair of Super Bowl wins by holding onto the ball a second or two -- or three -- extra hoping a busted play becomes something more. "It is not in my mindset, my DNA to quit on a play," he said. "If its not there I have seen quarterbacks throw it away or go down and sometimes thats the smart thing, but for me, there is also some big plays to be had and the competitor in me just cant give up all the time." That perpetual optimism -- and a dash of arrogance-- is one of the reasons he believes the Steelers can find a way to be a factor down the stretch. Cotchery hasnt noticed a change in Roethlisberger even in the midst of arguably the most trying stretch of his career. "I came here to play here for a quarterback like Ben," said Cotchery, who has four touchdown receptions in his last two games. "Hes going to give his guys a chance to make plays. Its been a lot of fun playing with Ben, and Im cherishing every moment." Something thats been echoed throughout the locker room. Wide receiver Antonio Brown is on pace to smash Hines Wards team record for most receptions in a season. Roethlisberger is on pace to challenge a few of his single-season own marks, including most yards passing. Yet hes also in danger of posting the second-highest interception total of his career. Hes thrown 10 in nine games and fumbled seven times. He knows he needs to be better, and maybe less active, if Pittsburgh wants to get serious about chasing down the Bengals. He is averaging 209 yards passing in the Steelers three wins, 317 yards in Pittsburghs six losses. "Whatever it takes is fine by me," he said. NOTES: C Fernando Velasco (knee), LB LaMarr Woodley (calf) and DE Brett Keisel (foot) did not practice on Wednesday. ... T Kelvin Beachum (hip), G David DeCastro (ankle) and G Marcus Gilbert (ankle) were limited. Jaleel Scott Ravens Jersey . -- Peyton Manning is the only player in this Super Bowl who has won the big game. Mark Andrews Ravens Jersey . Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner.SAO PAULO - The fates of former champions Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button remain in doubt with the Formula One season nearly over and teams holding off on announcing their lineups for 2015.Speculation about driver moves are not uncommon late in the season, but this time two of the series greatest stars and some of its biggest teams are involved in the rumours, igniting doubts over much of the grid.Four-time champion Vettel is leaving Red Bull but hasnt said where hes going, two-time champ Alonso is undecided about whether he will stay at Ferrari, and one-time champ Button still hasnt been told whether he will keep his place at McLaren.The other drivers yet to secure a seat for next year can only wait.Its expected that Vettel will join Ferrari, and Alonso will move to McLaren, but theres been no official announcement by the teams or the drivers in Sao Paulo this week for the Brazilian Grand Prix.Theres nothing new, nothing has been decided, Alonso said. Im still considering whats the best decision for my career.If Alonso ends up with McLaren, either Button or Kevin Magnussen will lose a seat at the British team.I can only say I hope (to stay), Magnussen said. I understand why Ive not been told yet. Some things are still not sorted out from their side, and if they could let me know, they would. I can only just wait and see what happens.Button, the F1 champion with Brawn in 2009, said he was not frustrated by the teams delay.There are many things to be disappointed about in the sport. If you dont have a quick car, you are disappointed. For me, that hurts more than anything else, he said. A late call on whos going to be in the car next year? Initially, I guess, its a strange situation, but aafter a while you get used to it. Michael Crabtree Ravens Jersey. Button said he expects McLaren to make a decision within the next two weeks, but said he was not going to rush on anything.We are very good at driving a racing car, but we are not very good when it comes to contracts, he said. When you are put in this position that many drivers have been over the years, not being sure if your contract is going to be renewed, it opens your eyes to different challenges, to different possibilities. F1 and motor racing is a massive part of my life, and its not going to stop, it will continue. But right now I dont know where thats going to be.He said hes not thinking about retiring just yet, and admits he may not stay with McLaren even if the team decides it wants to keep him.If Im in Formula One, I want to be winning. Ive done enough of not winning since I won the world championship, Button said. I have no interest in racing in Formula One unless Im challenging right at the front. Im not here just to race 20 races and collect points.Some drivers already know that they are out of a job, which is the case for German driver Adrian Sutil. Sauber on Wednesday announced that Brazilian Felipe Nasr will be taking over the teams last seat for 2015.Sutil hinted he was disappointed with the teams move as he still had a year left on his contract. Nasr arrived thanks in part to huge backing from a Brazilian sponsor.They confirmed two drivers but that doesnt mean the drivers can drive and it doesnt mean that the teams going to drive, Sutil said. So theres no real change from last weekend to this weekend. Its just an announcement. I have to do some talking, to sort out the things.___Follow Tales Azzoni at http://twitter.com/tazzoni Cheap Hawks Jerseys Cheap Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Pacers Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys ' ' '